It’s much more common today for laptops to outsell desktops. With every new generation of laptop comes more power and features; the laptop is quickly outshining the beloved desktop computer. When you purchase a laptop today it comes equipped with the latest software for general computing, Internet access and gaming. You can now do almost anything with a laptop that can be done with a desktop computer.
The Survey Says:
A recent survey of 1,002 Quebecers conducted by research firm, Cefrio found that the laptop is the most popular choice of computer.
They found that:
- 60% have laptops, while only 52% have desktop computers,
- 42% have smartphones, fewer than in other provinces,
- 27% have tablets, similar to the percentage in other provinces,
- Only 12% have e-readers,
- 78% of the households are connected to Internet, the same as last year, and
- Quebecers spend approximately 20 hours per week on the Internet, nine hours on their work computer, seven hours per week on their laptop, five hours on their mobile devices.