There are multiple types of operating systems (OS) that can be used for your computer. Many companies have chosen to use Microsoft Windows; however, Apple’s OS X has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. The recent prevalence of Apple’s OS X is probably due to its stability and usefulness.
The latest version of OS X 10.8 – Mountain Lion has proven to be just as popular, with recent updates including new features, such as:
- Microsoft Exchange that has greater compatibility with Calendar (iCal), and simpler integration capabilities.
- Wi-Fi compatibility and improvements with enterprise-level wireless networks.
- A fix for Facetime that improves the ability to call non-US numbers.
- Improvements in overall stability following the update of Safari to version 6.0.5.
- A fix for iMessages so messages stay in their proper order.
- A fix to keep documents from being uploaded to an SMB (server message block) server.
These are only a few of the features that come with OS X 10.8.4; they’re expected to improve the overall stability and functionality of the operating system.
While it may seem like these changes won’t make a huge difference to your system, downloading the update is highly recommended. An up-to-date system will greatly improve the security of your system, as well as ensure that your computer is functioning properly.
Installing the OS X 10.8.4 Update
There are two ways that you can install the update:
Go To Apple’s App Store
- Open the App Store (on your dock, look for the blue circle icon with a pencil, ruler and brush).
- Wait for the store to load, and then press the Updates icon (located at the top of the window).
- Look for the update, specifically in the tab that’s called Software Update. (It should be called “OS X Update Combined 10.8.4.”)
- Click Update to apply and download OS X Update 10.8.4.
- Restart your computer.
Download it manually
- Go to Apple’s Support site’s 10.8.4 update page. (Click here to visit the website.)
- Simply press download. (You will find the update in your Downloads folder.)
- Double click on the file and follow the instructions to install the update.
- Restart your computer.
Before updating your system, make sure your current system supports the OSX 10.8.4 update. If you’re unsure about the update’s compatibility with your system, call today to arrange a no-obligation system update consultation. We are your single stop for all your business APPLE computer support needs.